See how Vigience Overcast enables Swissbit to consolidate data from different data-sources to one centralized panel for efficient and just in time production planning.
B2B business serving industrial customers
Exchange of transactional data between Salesforce, SAP and other management systems in real time
Short Customer Portrait
Swissbit AG is the leading European provider of memory products, security and embedded IoT solutions for demanding applications. Swissbit combines its unique competencies in memory and embedded IoT technologies with its “Advanced Packaging” know-how.
Swissbit was founded in 2001 and has subsidiaries in Switzerland, Germany, US, Japan and Taiwan.
The Challenges of Swissbit
Despite using SAP, Swissbit did not have a complete 360-degree view of the entire account relationship and the revenue it generated. In addition, account executives weren’t able to quickly provide order confirmations or information on order history, order status, product available-to-promise information and shipment status. Therefore, management didn’t have accurate, fast, global forecasts, order history and backlogs, the fundamentals to drive investment decisions in this competitive industry.
Organizationally, there was no centralized link/exchange between production and sales and planning was decentralized. In addition, the planning process was conducted on a spread-sheet basis by individual users.
The Solution by Vigience Overcast
Vigience Overcast enabled Swissbit to consolidate data from different data-sources Swissbit works with to one centralized panel: Salesforce, SAP & Gains (a supply chain planning software). Vigience Overcast connected Salesforce to SAP in order to get a single, complete view of everything relevant including real-time sales order, product delivery and shipment status. The newly established full-blown sales order management capabilities allows sales reps to post and monitor sales orders in real-time to SAP. In the new setup, all relevant information which runs on different systems is easily accessible company wide and is consolidated on one platform/UI.
Vigience’s solution enables Swissbit to efficiently plan its production-cycles and therefore a just in time production.
- Overcast helped Swissbit to increase its flexibility, it’s data-analysis capabilities as well as their planning & lead-times (from order to delivery) through:
- Complete 360-degree view of the entire account relationship
- Sales Executive have access and can update all required SAP data from within the Salesforce interface incl. SAP order taking, history, ATP, shipment status, etc.
- Seamless information-flow between production and sales.
- Massive reduction of miss-planning as well as more efficient utilization of available production capacities.
Business Impact for Swissbit
- Much more information can be exchanged with and retrieved by the sales-teams
- Swissbit could reduce sales support functions by 50%
- Swissbit could increase its flexibility as well lead-times (from order to delivery) which helped them to improve their growth. Since 2009 Swissbit maintains a double-digit growth which is also thank to the effectiveness of Overcast.
- Swissbit could reduce risks and lower their material inventories
Overcast and Vigience: The Perfect Solution for Integrating Salesforce and SAP ECC 6.0
We are a privately owned high-tech manufacturer of extrusion lines based in Austria. After evaluating the market for solutions that allow us to integrate our Salesforce org with our on-premise SAP ECC 6.0, we selected Overcast because of its pre-build integrations and UI components that cover all of our requirements. With Vigience’s metadata-driven tools that require no coding, we were quickly able to configure all required functionality.
Within just two months from project start to go-live, we integrated master data for customers, suppliers, and assets, as well as transactional data for quotes and sales orders (including header and items), historical offers, and invoices. .. more
Social Media Channels
Vigience Overcast is SAP certified