Globally unifying business operations and systems with Salesforce, Vigience Overcast, and SAP S/4HANA.
High-tech manufacturing and trading company
Overcast integrating SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition (STE) (headquarter), SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (MTE) (overseas office), and Salesforce Sales Cloud & Field Service.
Short Customer Portrait
Hitachi High-Tech is the leading supplier in cutting-edge fields such as semiconductor inspection and manufacturing equipment, medical and bioanalytical equipment and more. It is a rare company that combines the functions of both a manufacturer and a trading company to respond to all customer needs by leveraging its advanced product line-up and solutions.
Sales revenue: 576.8 billion yen (March 2022)
Employee: 12,717 (March 2022)
The Challenges of Hitachi
In 2001 Nissei Sangyo merged with Hitachi Instruments and Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Group and changed its name to Hitachi High-Tech (HHT). It became one entity, but the business operations of the two organisations remained unchanged, and the systems remained in duplicate. For example, sales were recorded by both the sales organisation (Nissei Sangyo) and the manufacturing organisation (Hitachi) and the duplicates had to be crossed off at the end.
A digital transformation project started in 2018 aiming for the business transformation to unify the business operations and systems globally and connect customers to manufacturing directly. They moved various SAP instances to SAP S/4HANA and CRM to Salesforce. SAP S/4HANA, private edition (STE), was deployed at the head office and SAP S/4HANA, public edition (MTE), was deployed at the overseas offices. The big challenge was how to integrate these three systems.
The Solution by Vigience Overcast
Vigience Overcast provided a real-time integration among SAP S/4HANA, private edition (STE), at the headquarter, SAP S/4HANA, public edition (MTE), at overseas offices and their unified CRM based on Salesforce Sales Cloud & Service Field with its API-centric integration architecture that is more simple, scalable and flexible than traditional batch processing.
A real-time integration between customer-facing Salesforce and SAP has established a direct link from customers to manufacturing.
- Overcast Components enabled HHT to register SAP sales orders from the Salesforce user interface and even search for SAP sold-to, ship-to, and bill-to party on the same screen in real-time.
- Overcast allowed an early material requirement planning and shorter lead-time by automatically registering expected sales orders on the headquarter’s SAP when an Opportunity is registered on Salesforce by the sales teams, including those at the overseas offices.
- The workload of service technicians has been reduced by Overcast by allowing them to post SAP parts consignment, parts/service invoicing, unused parts return etc. from Salesforce interface (Mobile).
Business Impact for Hitachi High-Tech
- Improvement in operational efficiency by eliminating the need for double entry between the sales organisation and manufacturing organisation which had continued for almost 20 years after the merger.
- Salesforce + Overcast solution has enabled HHT to share Accounts and Opportunities among their subsidiaries, sales and manufacturing organisations, which allows them to face customers as ”One” Hitachi High-Tech group.
- Vigience Overcast is bringing HHT one step closer to have the “system that always delivers results” with its simple, scalable and flexible architecture ensuring continuous operations.
Overcast and Vigience: The Perfect Solution for Integrating Salesforce and SAP ECC 6.0
We are a privately owned high-tech manufacturer of extrusion lines based in Austria. After evaluating the market for solutions that allow us to integrate our Salesforce org with our on-premise SAP ECC 6.0, we selected Overcast because of its pre-build integrations and UI components that cover all of our requirements. With Vigience’s metadata-driven tools that require no coding, we were quickly able to configure all required functionality.
Within just two months from project start to go-live, we integrated master data for customers, suppliers, and assets, as well as transactional data for quotes and sales orders (including header and items), historical offers, and invoices. .. more
Social Media Channels
Vigience Overcast is SAP certified