Project Manager and Team Leader for the Implementation of Vigience Overcast (End-To-End Solution Spanning Salesforce, SAP, etc.)
Vigience is a specialized Salesforce ISV partner that enables advanced, highly connected Salesforce solutions. We provide “true real-time connectivity” between Salesforce and any on-premise systems-of-records (SOR). We believe that the state-of-the-art enterprise software architecture in the coming decades will consist of the Salesforce platform as a dynamic system-of-engagement (SOE) on top of SAP S/4HANA as the system-of-record (SOR) that powers all key business processes. We further believe that one can only empower people to work and interact in new ways when frontend applications like Salesforce are deeply integrated with core backend processes and data. To make that all possible, Vigience develops, implements and distributes its unique product called “Overcast”.
Vigience is an engineering-driven organization and its employees are top software developers and consultants with in-depth developer-level knowledge of Salesforce & SAP. Most are either former SAP developers & architects from SAP development or come from other strong engineering backgrounds.
Vigience developers and consultants work with Vigience customers, their implementation partners and Salesforce employees on a daily basis. They not only develop & implement Overcast but also often act as solution architects in some of the most interesting global enterprise software projects in the world today.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Project Manager (PM) / Team Leader who can drive our Vigience Overcast Implementation Projects. As a PM, you will act as Vigience’s project lead aligned with the customer’s project organization and/or relative IT/Business organization. You will need to be a trusted advisor for customers, by considering the balance between customer needs and project scope.
Expectations and Task of the Job
As Project Manager (PM) / Team Leader, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage the relationship with the customer and be Vigience’s primary contact to the customer throughout the implementation process
- Understand the customer’s requirements, business processes, solution landscape and help define a detailed implementation plan
- Support the customer and provide support with the requirements definition for an end-to-end solution across Salesforce and SAP
- Work with a Vigience Solution Architect and define the system architecture, detail the solution design and mapping of SAP business process to Salesforce business process, check SAP API specifications and define the production cutover and post go live support strategy
- Responsible for overall project management (development, testing and release). Create detailed project plans and execute them
- Validate effort estimates and high-level implementation timelines
- Run and facilitate customer project meetings with the customer Project Manager
- Run weekly internal project team and additional ad-hoc meetings as required
- Understand Vigience project methodology and adopt it to the projects
- Coordinate involvement of Vigience consultants and supporting resources and lead them in the project
- Ensure any issue resolution in timely manner. Escalate critical issues on customer or Vigience side as necessary
- Work collaboratively with consultants to manage project deliverables
- Maintain knowledge of Overcast, Salesforce and SAP product-suites
- Review and approve invoicing of consulting services rendered
- Ensure customer is referenceable, work with Vigience reference team to create collateral (e.g., success stories, videos, quotes etc)
Skills And Competencies
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- SAP application and/or technology implementation experience
- Excellent customer management skills
- Proven ability to work with customers on project- and senior management level
- Japanese: Native level
- English: Business level
- PMP or Project Management Certifications will be added advantage
- Presentation and facilitation skills required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables
- Experience working as SAP consultant or developer (SAP project manager experience preferred)
- Minimum five years consulting / project management experience
- Experience with at least one full cycle implementation
- Good knowledge of SAP and project management tools
- Strong communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Effective stakeholder management abilities
- Acts as a coach for new colleagues
- Mentor new consultants
- Mostly onsite in Tokyo (currently around 20% – 80%, depending on COVID19 situation)
- Ad-hoc on-site visits for testing, planning, or steering committee meetings required
If you would like to join our people and share our ambition, we would love to hear from you.
Please attach your CV and covering letter to Sachiyo Ebara firstname.lastname@example.org.